This version of this course 20410A utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs.
The course is part one, of a series of three courses, which provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses in total collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the courses, this course primarily covers the initial implementation and configuration of those core services, such as Active Directory Domain Services, networking services, and initial Hyper-V configuration.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A good understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding and experience configuring security and administration tasks in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting or configuring Microsoft Windows clients.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure Windows Server 2012
- Describe Active Directory Domain Services and install a domain controller
- Create and configure user, group, and computer objects
- Use Windows PowerShell and other command-line tools to create and configure AD DS objects
- Configure IPv4 for simple scenarios
- Install and configure a DHCP server
- Install and configure DNS service
- Configure IPv6 for simple scenarios
- Configure local storage on a server
- Create and secure files shares and shared printers
- Create and manage Group Policy objects
- Secure Windows Servers by Using Group Policy Objects
- Implement Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have good Windows operating system knowledge and experience and want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the core infrastructure services in an existing Windows Server 2012 environment. Although students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server experience, they must have good hands-on Windows Client experience with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
For further details, please contact 04-2388842
CID - N/A
Training Type Date Days Trainer Led 07 Aug 16 5
Creative Minds Technology L.L.C, Suite #1412, Mai Tower, Al Nahda 1, Dubai, UAE