This course describes how to plan and deploy a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager hierarchy, including the central administration site, one or more primary sites and secondary sites, and all associated site systems. This course also covers migration from System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
System administrator-level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and management.
- Windows Server management including Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Windows Client fundamentals.
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- SQL Server 2008 including reporting services.
- Basic Public Key Infrastructure concepts.
- Configuration Manager features and administrative tasks including:
Working with the Administrator console
Hardware and software inventory
Working with collections
Managing software updates
Deploying operating systems
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills, or by attending the following courses:
- Course 6419B: Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008-based Servers
- Course 6420B: Fundamentals of Windows Server 2008
- Course 10747A: Administering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or
- Course 6451B: Planning, Deploying and Managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, plus six monthsof hands-on experience with Configuration Manager 2012
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Configuration Manager 2012 infrastructure and describe typical deployment scenarios.
- Plan and deploy a single primary site.
- Plan and configure administrative roles.
- Plan and deploy a multiple-site hierarchy including the central administration site, primary sites, and secondary sites.
- Describe replication and data types, and monitor the replication of data throughout the hierarchy.
- Use various methods to plan and deploy Configuration Manager 2012 clients.
- Perform maintenance tasks and monitor site systems.
- Perform migration of objects from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012.
For further details, please contact 04-2388842
CID - N/A
Training Type Date Days Trainer Led 14 Aug 16 5
Creative Minds Technology L.L.C, Suite #1412, Mai Tower, Al Nahda 1, Dubai, UAE